5 Year Guarantee on Shower Enclosures
Guarantee is valid in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland and are available to the original purchaser upon registration of the product
10 Year Guarantee on Shower Trays & Riser Kits
Kohler are confident in the quality and reliability of their products and guarantee them against faulty materials or workmanship, provided they have been installed, cared for and used in accordance with the provided instructions.
Caring for your Kohler Product
To keep your product in its best condition, keep in mind the following;
- Use a shower squeegee to clean glass doors/enclosure after showering to help prevent water spots. Doing this after each use will avoid soap deposits or lime build-up in hard water areas
- Avoid using aerosol products on the shower tray surface
- Occasionally wipe the doors/enclosure with a mild detergent diluted in water to keep the door looking new
- For metal surfaces, never use cleaners containing abrasives, ammonia, bleach, acids, waxes, alcohol or solvents as they may damage the finish. Use of harsh cleaning agents may void warranty obligations
- Always test your cleaning solution on an inconspicuous area before applying to the entire surface
- Wipe surfaces clean and rinse completely with water immediately after applying cleaner. Rinse and dry any overspray that lands on nearby surfaces
- Do not allow cleaner to soak
- Never use bristle brushes, abrasive sponges or cleaners, or sharp instruments on the glass panels or anodized aluminium. They can scratch some glass and metal surfaces
Additional Guarantee Terms and Conditions for Shower Enclosures
This guarantee is in addition to and does not affect your statutory rights and is free of charge. In return, please note the following terms and conditions:
1. This 5 year guarantee is available to the original private domestic customer only who buys a Kohler Shower Enclosure and who completes and returns to Kohler the guarantee registration form, along with a copy of proof of purchase from Kohma.com, within 30 days of purchase.
2. The guarantee does not cover the following:
- Magnets, gaskets, rollers and seals which will be limited to a 2 year guarantee only
- Failure to follow Kohler installation and maintenance instructions
- Normal wear and tear
- Inappropriate use and/or cleaning
- Accidental breakage and/or wilful damage or neglect
- Build-up of mildew and limescale
- Modification, alteration, transformation or relocation of the unit
- Glass breakage
- Coating on the glass which will be limited to a 1 year guarantee only
- Glass bonding which will be limited to a 2 year guarantee only
- Any products purchased ex-showroom display
- Any costs for re-installation of any replacement product or fitting of spare parts including without limitation, any tiling or redecoration costs
- Any costs associated with the removal or disposal of old product or spares
- Consequential loss or damage of any kind
- The replacement of any other household fitting or furniture arising from any claim
- Commercial use and rental properties
- Glass imperfections
3. The guarantee applies to material and manufacturing defects only and solely to the original installation, under normal domestic use in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland only. In the event the product is discontinued any remaining guarantee will be limited to: i. a maximum of 2 years from the date the product is discontinued, or ii. until spares are no longer available for the product, whichever is earlier.
4. The product must be inspected for obvious defects prior to installation. Claims will not be accepted for obvious defects if found after installation.
5. You must notify Kohler within 30 days upon discovery of a defect. Proof of purchase showing date and place of purchase will be required.
6. If the product is found to be defective within the definition detailed above, Kohler shall, at its discretion, either refund (up to but not in excess of) the original purchase price (we may subject this to an allowance for wear and tear), or repair the product, or provide new goods, or provide replacement spare parts to you. This shall be Kohler’s sole obligation under this guarantee. Repair under this guarantee does not extend the original expiry date. The guarantee on any replacement parts or product ends at the original expiry date.
7. Any repair work must only be undertaken by Kohler or a party first approved by Kohler. At our discretion for trims, handles, seals, gaskets, magnets or consumable items we reserve the right to supply replacement parts only.
8. If a claim is made under this guarantee and the defect is not due to faulty materials or manufacture, Kohler reserve the right to charge the customer in respect of any service engineer’s time or replacement parts supplied. Additionally we reserve the right to charge for the cost of travel outside mainland UK.
9. The benefit of the guarantee cannot be transferred to a third party.
10. Due to continuing design development and product improvements, we reserve the right to amend or adjust specifications at any time.
11. The guarantee will be valid only if installation, use and maintenance have been carried out in accordance with the fitting instructions.
12. Integrated shower systems are subject to a separate guarantee.
13. The guarantee is only valid for products purchased, installed and used for private, domestic purposes in the United Kingdom and Ireland. This guarantee does not cover any rights other than those expressly set out above.
14. Where the purchase of a Kohler Shower Enclosure has not been registered, the 5 year guarantee does not apply but you will be entitled to a 12 month guarantee from the date of purchase. Proof of purchase is necessary.